AmberJ

Following the Leader (Amber J.)

Just along for the ride

Madly & Wolfhardt (Madly, #2) - M. Leighton okay, I'm not sure where to start, because I really DO love the book, but I can't give it 5 stars because I DON'T like the ending =(I DO love the character Jackson -- he's smart, strong, fearless, loving, loyal, and handsome -- definitely everything you want in a male lead charactersidenote: I want to apologize to Gale (The Hunger Games), Four (Divergent), and Gage & Logan (Burn) because JACKSON has officially taken the #1 spot and knocked you all down a notch lolI DO like the overall theme of the story: choosing between love vs. honor & duty (so awesome)...but I DON'T like that in the end, no one really makes that difficult choice* (not so awesome)I feel like Aidan's choice is basically made for him, which sort of allows everything to fall into place too perfectly for everyone else, which almost gives it a happily ever after feel (I hope this doesn't count as a spoiler lol)*I did ask M. Leighton about this on her blog, and she basically said the conflict isn't fully resolved and there will be more challenges to come in the next bookI DO like that this book examines the mythology of the Mer culture, which I haven't really seen in litI DO love M. Leighton's writing style, it flows beautifully without being simplisticI DO know I will definitely be buying Book 3 =)